Skip to main content

No more EAST vs WEST...well, no more All Star Game from the NBA

Yes, I know....the change took place in 2018, and if you know about this topic, this post really matters now :)
But still, I do not like the game anymore, not like before, not since the 90`s, when I started to play a little basketball and started to watch the NBA season and of course, The All Star Game.
Wow, I was so excited every morning the game was on - in Romania the game starts at 3 o`clock in the morning.
For those who do not know what NBA is and what means The All Star Game, here it is: The National Basketball Association All-Star Game is a basketball exhibition game hosted every February by the National Basketball Association (NBA), matching a mix of the league's star players - from Wikipedia:)

A mix of players from the Eastern Conference vs a mix of players from the Western Conference, that was OK, until a couple of years ago when the two teams were similar each year :). Someone in the board of the NBA said the following phrase: let us reinvent the game by choosing the two best players in the league and give them the chance to choose the two teams. 
I believe that it is not so important being one exhibition game, one entertaining game, one game that is played for charity and for the fun of the game and for the fans, and for the show industry!!! 
Well, EAST vs WEST is dead and gone now. 5 years ago there was a "war" between the east players and the west ones, and the game was good, real good. 

OK, there is a rule that in, a period of time, one good thing fades out. Let me explain this, by translating it to the following situation: when you have two sides with a definite number of soldiers, you run out eventually of new soldiers to send into the battle. East vs West, eventually ran out of new players to play, and the game was the same every year. The draft is bigger now, and the soldiers got "bigger and better" - well, not really if you ask me, they just increased in numbers - and the All Star Game got the new recipe I mentioned above. 
From 2018, The All Star Game has two best players, no1 and no2 - you should watch The Umbrella Academy, just for understanding the no 1 and no 2 situation - they meet up and choose other soldiers to be part of their team for the All Star Game. 

We, ordinary people do not know how they pick a player - is it with a glass of bourbon or with one army of lawyers behind them - but they did a good job for the last two years. I agree with them, because they chose to play against another teammate, and that is interesting, really :) 
I saw the game live, pay per view, I enjoyed it, I really liked the 3 Point Contest - this is where the charity thing comes into play.
I watched it with my Spalding ball beside me, just like I was doing when I was a kid -and it wasn`t a forced move, the ball just popped beside me in the night :)

Actually, nowadays, still, I LOVE THIS GAME!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill the repeat button!!

You know that moment when you hear one song from your favourite artist that keeps you hooked pressing the repeat button?! Yeah, you know the feeling. That beat that keeps you smiling, that gives you a good vibe and you find yourself trapped into one 3 day loop playing that only one song :) He is a hip hop artist that it is trending big time right now in Romania. His artist name is Macanache, a boy from Bucharest who was really deep underground until a couple of years ago. He made the big step into the light, as I said, a couple of years ago with a funky fresh rap style. The '80s are back with this guy, you know, the real hip hop that got me hooked with this music industry.  In a good way, any way, I used to wear large clothes, bling, and a lot of hats and listened to Sugarhill Gang, Grandmaster Flash , Public Enemy , Run DMC , Rakim , Eric B, LL Cool J , Big Daddy Kane , N.W.A., Slick Rick and many many others. If you ever heard one of those real artists, it is impossible not to

Spoiler Alert!! Spoiler Alert!! Avengers: End Game!! Thor with a beer belly :))

Yuhuuuu!! I saw it! I saw it! It is incredible! This movie has it all!! Almost everything. You have to see it!! Pay the man and get a ticket for the next show !! I am using a lot of !! but still, it is amazing, with a very good intro, a veeery exciting plot and one hell of an ending!! - ups, another exclamation point :)) From the whole sadness in the world captured at the beginning of the film to some of the best action scenes you saw in the Marvel World, to the Marvel All Star Team . To some subliminal ideas from the feminist side - you will recognize the scene -  and until the end when everything changes in one way you would never imagine. Thanos , ohhhh boy!! This is one lucky evil enemy...until the end...where he is still fighting with all his army and barely holds on and puts on the glove again...Yes, he is getting it back but the main lady character from Marvel - and the newest one comes into play and just makes it to save the day. The title of this post looks like clickbait,

Revolut, this one app that can handle your money without taxes? Really?!

I do not want to present Revolut  because it seems that everyone knows about it. In Romania there are over 100.000 users . I heard about it from my friends that are already huge fans. I am happy with my bank that I am working and I think that everything Revolut does, my bank does it better 😊 What is Revolut ? Just google it and you will find a tone of articles. I am just sick and tired of this topic. I just want to get it out of my system 😊 So you download and install the Revolut App and you are done. So they say… But really, there are costs, more or less hidden, once you go on with your account opening you find out more and more. The first and the most “important” thing that  Revolut  does is…guess what… the national bank exchange rate!?  What?  I am laughing my ass of right now, again, because I know people that use  Revolut  and did not once used this option…because they do not travel abroad!!!! And once you go abroad you have to be careful to use the local currency, not