Skip to main content

FORD and GM wanted this Romanian car!!!!!

I was on Saturday at one car show event - I won`t say the brand because I will do another post on that subject. This event took place at the Dimitrie Leonida Technical Museum in Bucharest. Very nice museum, under renovation at this moment with a lot of pieces covered. But the cars were not and one of them just caught my eye. I did not know about its existence and when I saw the plate I was wow... the first aerodynamic car EVER built. I was thinking in that second that Romania has given a lot of pioneers in its history - I will leave a link below with all the first things that Romanian citizens gave to the world!!


So, back to PERSU, this is the name of the car, after its creator Aurel Persu. At the beginnings of the 1920s, the car was starting to take shape. Everyone considered this automotive industry as a key industry and one industry for the future, so there was a lot of movement around it. All cars, at that moment, were very practical and the manufacturers did not pay any attention to something that is crazy in our days: aerodynamics. Ford was building squared cars, just to give the people this wonderful invention to ease their lives. I took Ford for example, being the first company that built cars on an industrial scenario. Ford Model T is the car that changed the world, but PERSU is that first aerodynamic shaped car in history. As the model T is the first as a production car, Persu is the first well-thought-shaped car. 
The creator of PERSU, Romanian engineer Aurel Persu, space enthusiast, thought about the best drag coefficient for his car. And some years later PERSU was built. 
In the video above every participant gives ovations to this vehicle at the Dimitrie Leonida Technical Musem. It is not a good looking car, but taking into consideration the period of time, the 1920s,  it is a masterpiece. It is not a masterpiece for simply existing, it is a Romanian masterpiece, a thing I am so proud of. I told this story to everyone I meat this weekend and no one knew about it. This is the biggest loss of PERSU. That nobody knows about it. As other very old things in this world, we tend to forgive about the beginnings. But with this post, I hope to bring back a little history of PERSU.
I did some research and found that PERSU was built in Germany with a 1,4l engine that did about 120.000 km from Germany to Romania. He managed an 80km/h cruising speed with the lowest drag coefficient in the world - this drag coefficient was never improved, not even in the modern days. The official number is 0.22. Just to explain how important this number is, the modern drag coefficient is 0.32!!!
On top of all these wonderful things that Aurel Persu did, companies like FORD or GM tried to buy the plans for PERSU but did not succeed. All the promises that they made to Aurel Persu were not convincing for continuous production of the Raindrop Car.  So, we have the original model in our country for history to come.






Take that world.....from a Romanian engineer :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill the repeat button!!

You know that moment when you hear one song from your favourite artist that keeps you hooked pressing the repeat button?! Yeah, you know the feeling. That beat that keeps you smiling, that gives you a good vibe and you find yourself trapped into one 3 day loop playing that only one song :) He is a hip hop artist that it is trending big time right now in Romania. His artist name is Macanache, a boy from Bucharest who was really deep underground until a couple of years ago. He made the big step into the light, as I said, a couple of years ago with a funky fresh rap style. The '80s are back with this guy, you know, the real hip hop that got me hooked with this music industry.  In a good way, any way, I used to wear large clothes, bling, and a lot of hats and listened to Sugarhill Gang, Grandmaster Flash , Public Enemy , Run DMC , Rakim , Eric B, LL Cool J , Big Daddy Kane , N.W.A., Slick Rick and many many others. If you ever heard one of those real artists, it is impossible not to

Spoiler Alert!! Spoiler Alert!! Avengers: End Game!! Thor with a beer belly :))

Yuhuuuu!! I saw it! I saw it! It is incredible! This movie has it all!! Almost everything. You have to see it!! Pay the man and get a ticket for the next show !! I am using a lot of !! but still, it is amazing, with a very good intro, a veeery exciting plot and one hell of an ending!! - ups, another exclamation point :)) From the whole sadness in the world captured at the beginning of the film to some of the best action scenes you saw in the Marvel World, to the Marvel All Star Team . To some subliminal ideas from the feminist side - you will recognize the scene -  and until the end when everything changes in one way you would never imagine. Thanos , ohhhh boy!! This is one lucky evil enemy...until the end...where he is still fighting with all his army and barely holds on and puts on the glove again...Yes, he is getting it back but the main lady character from Marvel - and the newest one comes into play and just makes it to save the day. The title of this post looks like clickbait,

Revolut, this one app that can handle your money without taxes? Really?!

I do not want to present Revolut  because it seems that everyone knows about it. In Romania there are over 100.000 users . I heard about it from my friends that are already huge fans. I am happy with my bank that I am working and I think that everything Revolut does, my bank does it better 😊 What is Revolut ? Just google it and you will find a tone of articles. I am just sick and tired of this topic. I just want to get it out of my system 😊 So you download and install the Revolut App and you are done. So they say… But really, there are costs, more or less hidden, once you go on with your account opening you find out more and more. The first and the most “important” thing that  Revolut  does is…guess what… the national bank exchange rate!?  What?  I am laughing my ass of right now, again, because I know people that use  Revolut  and did not once used this option…because they do not travel abroad!!!! And once you go abroad you have to be careful to use the local currency, not