Skip to main content

Almost 3 Christmases and one dead car

Let me do this quickly, before the New Year Party :) For those who are already in 2019, sorry :)
I am doing my new year eve party at my place. But what about Christmas?! Yes, I know that Christmas time is family time...why? I just want to do my things with out worrying that the family is feeling left behind. I have my own family now to spend time with - and a dog #odri #dogdaughter.
So, eventually I found myself in our car taking the last trip of it :) Christmas no.1 - after a 1 and 1/2 hour drive, everything was OK, we had something to eat, to drink, we went out at the pub for a couple more beers, dodge a street fight and then, back at the house we ate a little more and drank  little more, around 2 AM went to bed - fire in the fireplace, the smell of wood in the room, my girlfriend by my side, the dog between us, making the bed even smaller......perfect night to wait for Santa.
Christmas no. 2 started at 12:00 PM the next day, with a drive of 1 and 1/2 hour towards the sea side. Perfect weather, perfect mileage, perfect girlfriend, half destroyed dog for being in car :))
ETA about 2 PM at the other family. Parents, us, dog, all of us in a 4 bedroom apartment. Car, parked outside in the cold. And here we go again, eat, drink, talk, laugh, eat, drink, think about the dog and taking it outside just to walk around the block with no chances of relaxing taking in consideration that the whole town was transformed into a war zone - firecrackers all the way, just jumbo sizes only!!
Again, all it was OK, I climbed the three level building a dozen of times just to be sure that #odri does not that a crap on the carpets. Again and again until she craps eventually on the carpet - damn it dog. Erase the crap, erase the episode, move on into the night just to leave the second Christmas towards No. 3...........
I forgot to mention that No.1 and No. 2 were covered in tears by the parents when we left. Like it was the last one - just like in the song of WHAM.....Apocalypse now :)))
Not really then but a few hours  later ...when it was our time to cry just a little bit and be stranded in the middle of nowhere....
We leave Christmas No. 2 to meat Christmas No. 3.....and all hell breaks loose with just 15 km - 9.32 miles - until No. 3....car dies for a little while....I try to mend it just to get back home...
We announce Christmas No. 3 that we will miss it for the year - I am sorry babe, really sorry - and drive straight back towards home - not at home, just towards!!!
When in doubt, check the engine oil quantity - you do that once in a while - the engine died, we were left outside the skirts of Bucharest, called up a Merc to tow us, just to make a big entrance in the neighborhood :)
We, tired - the parents, happy - the dog, thankful for not being in the car - the car, dead and for sale for 800 euro, VAT included :))
How were your 2018 Christmases?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill the repeat button!!

You know that moment when you hear one song from your favourite artist that keeps you hooked pressing the repeat button?! Yeah, you know the feeling. That beat that keeps you smiling, that gives you a good vibe and you find yourself trapped into one 3 day loop playing that only one song :) He is a hip hop artist that it is trending big time right now in Romania. His artist name is Macanache, a boy from Bucharest who was really deep underground until a couple of years ago. He made the big step into the light, as I said, a couple of years ago with a funky fresh rap style. The '80s are back with this guy, you know, the real hip hop that got me hooked with this music industry.  In a good way, any way, I used to wear large clothes, bling, and a lot of hats and listened to Sugarhill Gang, Grandmaster Flash , Public Enemy , Run DMC , Rakim , Eric B, LL Cool J , Big Daddy Kane , N.W.A., Slick Rick and many many others. If you ever heard one of those real artists, it is impossible not to

Spoiler Alert!! Spoiler Alert!! Avengers: End Game!! Thor with a beer belly :))

Yuhuuuu!! I saw it! I saw it! It is incredible! This movie has it all!! Almost everything. You have to see it!! Pay the man and get a ticket for the next show !! I am using a lot of !! but still, it is amazing, with a very good intro, a veeery exciting plot and one hell of an ending!! - ups, another exclamation point :)) From the whole sadness in the world captured at the beginning of the film to some of the best action scenes you saw in the Marvel World, to the Marvel All Star Team . To some subliminal ideas from the feminist side - you will recognize the scene -  and until the end when everything changes in one way you would never imagine. Thanos , ohhhh boy!! This is one lucky evil enemy...until the end...where he is still fighting with all his army and barely holds on and puts on the glove again...Yes, he is getting it back but the main lady character from Marvel - and the newest one comes into play and just makes it to save the day. The title of this post looks like clickbait,

Revolut, this one app that can handle your money without taxes? Really?!

I do not want to present Revolut  because it seems that everyone knows about it. In Romania there are over 100.000 users . I heard about it from my friends that are already huge fans. I am happy with my bank that I am working and I think that everything Revolut does, my bank does it better 😊 What is Revolut ? Just google it and you will find a tone of articles. I am just sick and tired of this topic. I just want to get it out of my system 😊 So you download and install the Revolut App and you are done. So they say… But really, there are costs, more or less hidden, once you go on with your account opening you find out more and more. The first and the most “important” thing that  Revolut  does is…guess what… the national bank exchange rate!?  What?  I am laughing my ass of right now, again, because I know people that use  Revolut  and did not once used this option…because they do not travel abroad!!!! And once you go abroad you have to be careful to use the local currency, not